GOD SO LOVED is a song by We The Kingdom. This song title and lyric comes directly from the Bible: ”For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” (John 3:16) So what’s up with this famous scripture and how can we possibly know the Lord God Almighty? Let’s take a look!
God created men and women, and through the free will that God gave to them, they of their own faults committed sins. These sins separated men and women from God in His perfect existence. Men and women will always be incomplete, and feel incomplete while separated from God, our Creator. In God’s great love for us all, He created a way for our sins to be forgiven so that we should be together again with Him. So, God gave His Son, Jesus, a perfect being, to be sacrificed unto death by crucifixion on the cross as payment for our sins. Even then, God resurrected His Son, Jesus, from the dead, and therefore permanently defeated sin and death (in the eternal sense). What is it that God asks of us in return for forgiveness and eternal life? God simply asks that we have faith (belief) in His Son, Jesus, as Lord of our lives and the atoning sacrifice for our sins through His death and resurrection. He also commands us to repent of our sins. Once we profess this faith in Jesus, we are made whole again, and we are renewed people in the company of God. God promises to love us and to be with us forever, never forsaking or leaving us. That is the good news of Jesus!
The Bible backs these concepts as follows:
• For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23)
• For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:23)
• Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.” (John 14:6)
• For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. (John 3:16)
• If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
• God presented Jesus as the atoning sacrifice [for our sins] through [our] faith in His blood [i.e., His death on the cross]. (Romans 3:25)
• Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures (1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
• “Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?” The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the Law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ! (1 Corinthians 15:55-57)
• Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God (John 1:12)
• Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, (Romans 5:1)
• Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
• Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you (Deuteronomy 31:6)
• So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)
In order to accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, and to receive forgiveness and eternal life through his sacrifice and resurrection, we can pray a simple prayer. Take your time. Pray something like this:
"Lord, I have sinned, I am imperfect, and I am incomplete without You. I now turn from my sin and repent. By the grace of the faith that You give to me now, I believe in my heart and confess with my tongue that Your Son Jesus is LORD. I believe that Jesus died as atonement for my sins, and was raised from the dead on the third day. Through his sacrifice and resurrection, I now receive Your forgiveness and the gift of eternal life. I am now a new creation in Christ. In the name of Jesus, I pray. Amen”
Connect with us:
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AspireChristianMusic
Twitter at https://twitter.com/music_aspire
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/AspireChristianMusic
If you enjoy the music, please share the song on your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social media accounts. Also, please support the artists by purchasing their songs through your favorite music store or app.
We The Kingdom
Composers: Ed Cash, Scott Cash, Franni Cash, Martin Cash & Andrew Bergthold
Sparrow Records; ℗ 2020 Capitol CMG, Inc.
#GodSoLoved #forGodSoLoved #WeTheKingdom #AspireChristianMusic